Shaun Walker serves full-time as our lead teaching pastor. He moved with his family from Littleton, CO in July of 2014 when he accepted the vote of Grace Baptist Church. He is married to Shannon and father to Naomi, Esther, and Ethan. Before coming to GBC he served for thirteen years as an Associate Pastor in Colorado. He holds a B.A. in Bible and an M.A. in Biblical Studies.
There are some foundational truths that shape Shaun’s ministry philosophy.
- Expository preaching is a non-negotiable. His aim is to make the meaning of the sermon the meaning of the biblical passage. He wants his preaching to teach people how to study the Bible.
- The gospel is not just how the Christian life begins but essential for all Christian living. Christians never outgrow the gospel.
- The Holy Scriptures are sufficient for all matters of life, practice, and worship. Church is all about God.
- We must ask, “What does God have to say about this?” before we ever ask, “Will this work?”
- People can change because of the Word of God by and with the Spirit of God.
Shaun finds great encouragement and profit from reading authors such as: John MacArthur, Mark Dever, Lloyd Jones, J.M. Boice, John Piper, Tim Keller, and Jerry Bridges. The books that have influenced him most as a pastor are “The Trellis and the Vine” by Colin Marshall and Tony Payne; and the Building Healthy Churches series by 9Marks.